Carlos Beltran has found one way of making it difficult to recognize him in public, and he sure looks like he’s having fun in this video he posted to Instagram earlier this week. (found via NJ.com)
In other Mets alumni news,
- Former New York Mets pitcher Livan Hernandez will officially retire from Major League Baseball today, according to Bill Ladson of MLB.com. Hernandez, 39, last pitched in 2012 and has been working with the Washington Nationals in a coaching capacity this spring.
- Milwaukee Brewers reliever Francisco Rodriguez may win the prize for weirdest spring training injury. He’ll be out of action for the next few days after stepping on a cactus, Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel reports.
Other items of interest:
- Letter writing is on its way to becoming a lost art, but don’t tell that to the folks who handle the mail at major league baseball spring training camps. Newsday’s Anthony Rieber spoke to David Wright, Curtis Granderson and John Lannan and got their thoughts on fan mail.
- Former Minnesota Twins star Kent Hrbek spoke about his feelings on the recent demolition of the Metrodome in an interview at the Minneapolis City Pages blog Gimme Noise.
- At FanGraphs, Tony Blengino wrote about the value of impact prospects.
And for my off-topic item of the day, artist Rogan Josh has a cool look at X-WEAR Through The Ages that’s available as a print for purchase.
You can follow Paul’s Random Baseball Stuff on Facebook or Google+, see my photos on Flickr and Instagram, and follow @Paul_Hadsall on Twitter, where I talk about about a variety of things in addition to baseball.
One thought on “Morning reading: Carlos Beltran in cheetah makeup, K-Rod vs. a cactus, and more”
That’s a great video of Beltran, thanks for sharing!
Comments are closed.